The Bear Hotel is ideally located for exploring so many attractions that can be found within easy reach of the hotel. We are just 300 metres from the Kennet and Avon Canal and an ideal stop over point for walkers, cyclists and canal boaters. The famous Downs are nearby for trekking on foot or on horseback and the surrounding beautiful countryside and villages are a photographers’ and artists’ dream.
Our staff look forward to being of service to leisure guests as well as those on business, and families are most welcome throughout the hotel.
We offer leisure guests the following facilities:
25 individually appointed ensuite bedrooms
including several family rooms
- Flat screen TV with complimentary movies on demand
- Tea and coffee-making facilities
- Cots and extra beds
- Family inter-connecting room
- Formal and informal dining
- Free parking usually available in our car park
- Free Broadband Internet access
- Cosy bars with log fires in winter, all suitable for families
- Weekly live music in the sound-proofed 14th century cellar bar
There is so much to explore in the surrounding area, including two World Heritage sites nearby. Here is a list of just a few places to visit, with their distances from Devizes in miles:
Avebury (8 miles)
National Trust property as featured on the BBC's "To the Manor reborn"
Stonehenge (17 miles)
Bath (24 miles)
Salisbury (26 miles)
Cotswolds (35 miles)
Bristol (39 miles)
Glastonbury (41 miles)
Oxford (53 miles)
|Click to enlarge|
Single Room: £99.00
Executive Single: £105.00
Family Room/Triple Room: £165.00
Four Poster: £175.00
Rates include English breakfast and VAT and are quoted per room.